Detroit based electronic-rock composer/artist Klayton (Celldweller) is seeking a full-time Studio Engineer / Editor. Celldweller Studios focuses primarily on Hybrid Electronic/Rock/Orchestral artist recordings, as well as music for Film/TV/Video Games.
Primary Objective of Position:
- To assist Klayton in the creation and manipulation of sounds (both organic and electronic), preparing sessions for mix and keeping sessions organized, time correcting & editing, bouncing stems and committing processed sounds to audio. Specifically looking for creative engineer to assist with sound design/creation – someone inspired by the opportunity to push sonic boundaries.
Applicant must have minimum of 2 years of professional experience.
Job Duties include:
Mic-ing (Drums, Guitars, Bass), Routing/Patching Signal Chain, Recording, Editing, Time Correcting, Mixing, Basic Music Programming, Troubleshooting, Maintenance/Cleaning/Data Backups, Communicating with Hardware/Software Vendors for Support/Upgrades/Endorsements.
Required Proficiencies: (Must have experience/knowledge of)
- Signal Flow / Patchbay Routing
- Pro Tools, Ableton
- OS X & Windows Operating Systems
- Good troubleshooting abilities both in software and hardware.
- Familiarity with current music production techniques and gear.
- Good organizational skills, Able to keep schedules and maintain a clean workspace.
- Good Attitude & Follows direction well.
- Punctual and reliable.
Celldweller Studios is 3 room facility, including Drum Room, Vocal Booth and Guitar Closet.
Gear includes: SSL AWS 900+ Console, Neve/Universal Audio/Avalon, etc. outboard gear, Moog/Access/Clavia etc. synths, a wide array of softsynths and plugins, plus guitars, bass & drums.
Salary Negotiable ($20-40k/year Potential)
Please direct all inquires and resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include link(s) to audio examples of your work.
If you do not have the above qualifications, please do not respond.